- It is a low-calorie, high-fibre, zero-fat food that is perfect for watching calories or weight loss.
- Like other members of the cabbage family, the sulphur-containing compounds in kale are considered protective against cancer.
- It is also a very good source of dietary fibre which helps maintain heart health, regular digestion and lower cholesterol.
- Rich in Vitamin C that has been identified as a nutrient that reduces free radicals to slow down the ageing process, help prevent cancers, reduce inflammation, and promote a healthy immune system.
- Kale is also a source of vitamin A, which supports good vision, bone development and immune function.